Flytec Connect 1
Important information about the future of the Connect 1.
You are a paraglider or hang glider pilot who is used to flying away from your home site, ready to set new personal bests. You want to see airspaces along the way and strive to thermal as efficiently as possible. You‘re ready for the next step in your competition flying and need the instrument that goes along with you.
That makes you the pilot for whom we developed the Connect 1.
The Connect 1 is the first-ever smart vario. Just like a smart phone, it comes with a touch screen, a multitude of sensors, and a range of connectivity options. Thanks to these connectivity options, you can very easily exchange data with your Connect 1 – even without a computer.
- WiFi connection allows for upload and download of files directly from the vario, without going through a PC
- Smart software updates inform the pilot when a software update is available. Only connect the instrument to the Internet periodically
- Graphic thermalling assistant, to help pilots find the strongest lift in a thermal and stay there
- Graphic airspace display provides navigation around airspaces on cross-country flights
- Map with main features including roads, rivers, towns
- Easy connection to any computer without any drivers
- Optional features: FLARM collision warning, pitot tube, and Flylink for connection to additional Flytec sensors
The vario that becomes more powerful each month
We release a new software update with additional features about every four weeks. Currently we're working on airspaces: automatic updates, details, warnings, side view. In parallel, we're implementing the Bluetooth connection to mobile devices, Pitot and Flarm. Maps, altitude above ground, and many more advanced features will follow afterwards.